Thursday, November 10, 2011

Gracey and the Chrysanthemum Coat Dress

I don�t know if you guys noticed this or not, but a lot of thrift stores combine their vintage clothes with their Halloween costumes during October.  Keeping that in mind, and keeping in mind that �Halloween� items are now 50% off at Goodwill, I thrifted this chrysanthemum coat dress for a mere $6.50 last weekend:



Now you may be thinking, �Gracey, what�s that peeking out below the hem of your awesome chrysanthemum coat dress?�  Well, lemme show you:
????
Well, hello there, Pleated Skirt.
????
Yep, I layered the coat dress over a cream pleated skirt (vintage, thrifted) so the skirt would flash when I walked.  I also wore a black turtleneck (Gap), black tights (Spanx �High Waist Tight End Tights� via Nordstrom) and black booties (Nine West �Peekaboo� via Piperlime).  And I then I belted the whole shebang with a patent leather belt (Nine West via Ross). 

I�m hesitant to say this coat dress is my favorite thrifted item ever, but it�s definitely in my top 10.  I love the fabric and I love that it�s handmade, which I know because the tag says is that it was �Especially handmade by Anne.�  So, thank you, Anne, wherever you may be, for making this awesome coat dress and for donating it for me to find.  You�re the best.

Also the best?  Meagan of Spunky Chateau for hosting the Thursday�s are for Thrifters link party.  Thanks, Meagan!

I have tomorrow off for Veterans Day, so I won�t be posting again until Monday.  I hope everyone has a lovely (and hopefully long) weekend.

Happy Thursday, All!

Gracey

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home