Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Mildly Pink Skirt

"Mildly pink" is how one of my coworkers referred to this skirt when she saw this outfit this morning.  I�m pretty sure she was joking:



I know that some might argue that I shouldn�t swath the largest part of my body in hot pink silk, but my thighs said it was okay.  They even said that after they secede (yes, I have secessionist thighs) and become their own country they might include hot pink on their national flag.  What can I say?  My thighs and I love a good, eye-searing hot pink.

This particular hot pink delight is actually a dress; a very 80s dress with a very 80s bodice that I�m still not sure what to do with.  Until I figure it out though, I thought I could wear the dress (thrifted) as a skirt.  So I layered it under a charcoal wool sweater (thrifted) and added opaque black tights (Spanx via Nordstrom) and black wedge booties (Nine West �Peekaboo� via Piperlime).  I have to say that really like this dress as a skirt, so perhaps I�ll take the bodice off altogether?  We�ll see.

Also, and I find this amusing, the dress has a rose pattern woven in:

So 80s, so hilarious, so pink

Finally, because it's Thursday, I'm linked up to Spunky Chateau's Thursdays are for Thrifters Link Party.  Are you a thrifter?  If so, you should definitely join in.

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Gracey

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home